Saturday, July 18, 2009

How ya like me now???
















This was a 2 month project. I primed it a few days after I bought it. It took me three weeks to decide on the color. A few friends suggested red. I thought maybe a dark pink or pale green. Decided I would not paint the interior. I was thinking of wallpapering it. I chose gray, after my favorite short story "The Sky is Gray". I went on vacation. I came back and found the perfect shade of gray at Big Lots, however it was an oil based paint and I used a latex primer. I decided I did not have it in me to buy a gallon of gray paint, HD did not sell it in quarts. I bit the bullet and went near the spray paint and found the PERFECT gray, bought two cans. Satin Granite to be exact. I prepped my "studio" AKA the balconey and donned a gas mask, this spray paint offers a double coat in one layer, went on nicely and evenly. Spray painted the hardware. Reapplied another gray coat in 48 hours. Brought it in due to rain and noticed a few sparse patches. Asked Alex to pick up a third can. Covered the patches. Took two days off from my project. Reapplied the doors and the hardware. Decided I really like the unpainted interior, I liked the brownish orange color. Added pic, flowers , hid the mags, added my Chinese Junk and THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment